The November 21, 1927, festa della SS.ma presentation of Mary at the temple, Mother Margaret Diomira Crispi, with other religious, came to Rome to prepare for what would be the first House in Rome.
The House was for rent, "borgata Octavia", in a cottage of Parva Domus, and the December 4 of the same year the Sisters were destined for this Foundation.
The beginnings were difficult and distressing, but it had great spiritual satisfaction, noting the good that we could realise: the mass turnout in the Chapel, confessions, communions, christenings, school, kindergarten, etc.
However, it was abolished two years later with the consent of the Vicariate, because the person who offered the House was not the owner but only dealership. Luckily we had another area: The Magliana.
Casa San Giuseppe - La Magliana
Opened in January of 1929 for involvement of Comm. Ferdinand Angelucci, true Apostle to the slums of Rome. He had met the Oblates to Octavia and wanted to go to the Magliana.
Educational and informative work of youth gave abundant fruits.
Subsequently, with the intervention of Divine Providence, we bought a house build, in order to facilitate the development of the works, including works of the parish.
This home has been the General House for a few years under the rule of May's mother and also hosted Mother Margherita Diomira Crispi for a few years, after the completion of his Generalate.
”Casa San Giuseppe” a Prima Porta
If we had wondered how has become our property this House should respond: "the Lord knows". There was a sudden call from Rev.mo Mons. Chiappetta, who presided over the construction of the parish house, but that we did not know. He without any preamble we offered this home. Why? He said: "I liked this title:" Oblates to Divino Amore ": and the House is yours.
The August 1, 1933 took possession, the year of redemption!.
To accommodate the House which was unsatisfactory conditions, took money from the Divine Providence, and we found a father and a pastor, his eminence Card. Tommaso Pio Baggiani, Suburbicario, Bishop of Porto e Santa Rufina, who among the many tests of his fatherly fondness he wanted, with the consent of the Archbishop of Monreale, who moved in his diocese the General House.
When the Lord called him "the faithful servant", Prima Porta was annexed to the Diocese of Rome; detach from the first was displeased, but there was a compendium of the first Diocesan Bishop became Pope.
The first November 1964, Pope Paul VI, visiting in wandering the Prima Porta cemetery, realize the urgent need of a parish church for the village. Also the inhabitants of this place demanded the Pope insistently their church they wanted as much as the parish of Saints Urbino and San Lorenzo had declared in danger and religious functions celebrated in the rectory Salon.
It wasn't easy to find the solution, but in the end after trying building plots, could not be a better solution than to expand the terrain of the old church with the soil that was falling and that was the home of the Oblate Sisters to divine love.
Cardinal Clemente Micara, Vicar, urged that Mother Mary Catherine may, now Superior General, ceded, behind the House, remuneration for the extension of the parish church. While this is true, the cardinal Micara died and was succeeded by Cardinal Luigi Traglia, it repeated the request to the Superior General. This House that was the General Headquarters for more than 30 years, was considered for the mother Margaret as a reliquary. For this the new General Government chose as temporary headquarters Magliana's home, to leave the House of Prima Porta mother Margherita Diomira.
Finally, with notarial instrument recorded in Rome on January 4, 1967 the Superior General, mother Catherine May agree with the Council agreed to sell to the Vicariate of Rome Prima Porta's House.