The Congregation of the Oblate Sisters to Divine Love, founded by Mother Margherita Diomira Crispi starts in Sicily, where it immediately encounters remarkable conflicts and difficulties for its fulfilment. Thanks to the help of the holy bishop, Mons. Antonio Augusto Intreccialagli ( 1852-1924, here on the right ), archbishop of Monreale, ( declared venerable by the Holy Father Giovanni Paolo II with the administrative order of 22.1.1991 ) Mother Margherita and her sisters continue their Work that they began, moving for want of Mons. Intreccialagli to Monreale. At the beginning the seat is in the Church’ places of St. Castrense. Then, it moves to the “Badiella”, where still today is the “Mother House”.
So, June 17 1923 arrives: this date marks the real regular beginning of the Institution. In fact, upon specific Order, Mother Margherita , in conjuction two other Pre-Novices, Adele De Simone and Rosaria Di Cristina, receive the Cloth. So, the new Congregation is established and takes the name of “Society of the Oblate Sisters to Divine Love”, for a conduct of perfection based on the typical spirit of Love: Devotion, Repair and Apostolate. The first Sisters breed and the Perpetual Votes are delivered.
In the meantime, to Mother Margherita several requests of institutions arrives: the first institution that are accepted are those in Sicily, then in Rome, in France and finally in America. To date, the Congregation, as well as in Italy, has got some institutes in North America, in the Center of America and in South America. The edifying and social works that takes place are numerous and various.
Some years later, between 1924 and 1930, the first Houses arose in Sicily. They are those of Monreale, Alcamo, Mazara del Vallo, Valderice and Partinico. Subsequently, Marsala and Trapani. The first house in Rome arose in 1927, in the working-class suburb Ottavia, but it was very quickly abolished. In its place were builded other two houses, the first in the working-class suburb Magliana and the second in Prima Porta in 1933.
In 1930, seven years later the foundation, the Mother Margherita, animated by a prophetic spirit, dispatched the first missionaries to cross the Ocean to evangelize a new world. The Oblate Sisters to Divine Love were called to perform their apostolate in Center of America, for want of His Worship Mons. Alfonso Belloso, Archbishop of San Salvador. They arrived to Zacatecoluca. The early difficulties were a lot, but they were overcame. But in may 1932, a earthquake crippled the town, destroyed that first work, quite when it got bear fruit. That didn’t stop the apostolic care of the sisters. In 1933 the sisters passed through Sonsonate where the new Institute “Santisima Trinidad” began to operate. The first vocations arrived, in 1934 the First Dressing takes place, then, one year later, the first Profession takes place. So, in 1936, the first phase of the aspirants started and then the others phases of the education.
As the sower who seeds and the plants starts to germinate, so it was for the Mother Crispi and those brave sisters. The requests for new foundation quickly arrived: Costa Rica, Honduras, Nicaragua, United States of America, Guatemala, Messico, Puerto Rico, Panamà, then Colombia and Venezuela. Some of these foundations were works of prayer, of education, educational paths, evangelization and mission.
In the meanwhile, in Italy, in 1935, the seat of motherhouse moved from Monreale to Rome, in Prima Porta, where it stayed till 1963. In 1957 the sisters opened a new house in Monte delle Piche, in working-class suburb Magliana. When the Mother Caterina di Maggio was elected as General Superior in 1963, she moved the motherhouse in Via Marruvio 4, where it is remained to date.